Giving back to our community is what we love the most about being part of Flemington Car & Truck Country. That’s why on behalf of the Kalafer Family and our family of brands, we were so happy to present 50 Amazon Fire 7 Tablets to Marjorie Blicharz, Director of Scholarships for Embrella for use in their organization.
Ditschman/Flemington Ford Lincoln General Manager Emeritus Jerry Sheehan and Ditschman/Flemington Ford Lincoln Sales Advisor Tom Santangelo recently met with Marjorie at their showroom to give this contribution since we wanted to do our part in helping foster children in our community achieve their dreams.
Formerly known as Family & Adopted Family Services (FAFS), Embrella is a leading statewide advocacy agency for foster, adoptive and kinship parents, children & families in New Jersey that’s been providing enriching programs & services since 1972. Their programs support foster children from childhood to young adulthood.
The programs they offer are comprised of:
- We Heart Birthdays for sending out a birthday gift to foster & kinship children
- Dreamers and Believers for providing enriching experiences for those who have been in foster care up to age 21
- Fostering Wishes for Children for giving foster children the “little extras” in life
- The Backpack Program for giving welcome gifts to foster children moving into their new foster home
- A Holiday Celebration for Every Child for lifting foster children’s spirits during the holidays
Embrella also offers scholarships and grant programs to provide added education & confidence building. These are just a few of the reasons why we at Flemington decided to donate 50 Amazon Fire 7 tablets to this nonprofit.